Updated June 8, 2023
Amane Advisors and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Amane”, “us” or “we”) understand that your privacy is important to you. We are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data, which is any information that is capable of identifying you as an individual person.
What data we collect
Amane collects personal data in the course of its business activities, including in connection with some client services and in the maintenance of our expert network. We collect personal data on certain areas of the Sites when you register for Amane newsletters including Amane currents, sign up for conferences and events, when you apply for a job and when you register for our Expert Network.
This data may include:
- Your personal information (e.g., name, company, title, email address, telephone) through form (e.g., registration) and download request submissions
- Interests and preferences from website activity and voluntary submissions (e.g., downloads)
- Background information and CV information required to apply for a job
- Location, areas of expertise and preferred hourly rates to join our Expert Network
We may also automatically collect information about the devices you use to interact with our Sites. The information we automatically collect may include IP address, device identifier, web browser, and browsing information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, clear gifs, and other similar technologies (collectively “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies”) on our Sites. We may also automatically collect information about how you use the Sites.
Why we collect your data
Amane uses your personal data for several reasons:
- To better understand client and customer needs and interests
- To improve our services, products, and website
- To provide information about Amane’s products, services, news, and events that we believe may be of interest to you
- To confirm and process sales transactions, or contact you with questions or communications about a transaction
- To contact customers with surveys, invitations to events, participation in market research activities, or to be involved with our expert network
- To customize our website and access based on customer type (e.g., client, registrant, prospect)
- To respond to customer service inquiries
- To process job applications (For more information, please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice).
- To contact you about relevant project opportunities (as in the case of our Expert Network)
Amane Advisors does not and will not lease or sell personal information to any third parties without consent. Our Sites do not track you by collecting personal data about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services.
Safeguarding and securing your data
Amane is committed to securing personal and company data and maintaining its confidentiality. We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized Amane personnel and third-party service providers are provided access to personal data, and these employees and service providers are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions however, Amane Advisors cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal data.
Amane retains personal data, as necessary, for the duration of the relevant business relationship.
Links to Other Websites
If you have registered for Amane newsletter or alerts, joined our Expert Network, or you receive invitations to survey or events from Amane and you prefer not to receive future email communications from us, please follow the instructions on the page of the Site where you have provided such information, subscribed or registered or write to email@example.com to unsubscribe from Amane communications.
Restricting the Collection of your Personal Data
At some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal data. If you would like to make a request to access, review, or correct the personal data we have collected about you, or to discuss how we process your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personal data. Different laws may prevent us from providing access to your personal data or otherwise fully complying with your request depending upon the circumstances and the request, such as for example, where producing your information may reveal the identity of someone else.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our privacy or security policies, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.